Published on 14 Nov 13
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Having regard to the current push for transparency and likely developments over the next 2-3 years, this presentation explores how Corporates and Tax Advisers should:
- define ethics in relation to Tax
- manage the consideration of tax risk, both financial and reputational
- differentiate between management of Strategic and Operational Tax Risks
- revise the application of the traditional three lines of defence to Tax Risk
- address legacy and current tax disputes and issues with the ATO
- respond to media enquiry into their tax affairs in this emerging environment.
James is a Senior Tax Manager at KPMG. Current at 14 November 2013
Eliza is a Tax Manager at KPMG. Current at 14 November 2013
David Drummond CTA
David, has over 30 years corporate tax experience with Australian listed companies and local subsidiaries of multinationals. As a National Leader of Tax Risk Management Services ("TRMS") in KPMG Australia, David has liaised regularly on behalf of KPMG with the Senior Executive Officers of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) responsible for the ATO Annual Compliance Program since its inception in 2002 and participated on Advisory Groups for reviews by the Inspector General of Taxation in regard to conduct of risk reviews and audits for Large Business, SME, HNWI and Wealthy Australians Current at 14 November 2013
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by David DRUMMOND.
Further details about this event: