Published on 25 Nov 03
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Issues covered in this presentation include:
- restructuring from the discretionary trust to the SMSF as the preferred family wealth accumulation vehicle
- business real property contribution strategies
- step by step process of establishing allocated and complying pensions
- asset segregation and tax planning within the fund
- maximising the effectiveness of pension income streams
- options and strategies upon death of a member
- binding and non-binding death benefit nominations - common pitfalls associated with nominations
- interface between superannuation and the Will including use of testamentary trusts
- reversionary pensions, commutations and residual capital values.
Steve is a Partner in the Taxation & Revenue section of Wallmans Lawyers with his principal practice areas being superannuation and tax. He also works on general commercial matters with a focus on tax planning, business structuring and insurance. Steve is a member of The Tax Institute’s State Council and National Council.
- Current at
22 May 2017
Peter is a Partner at Cowell Clarke and heads up the firm's Tax & Revenue Group. He provides specialist tax advice to public accountants and a wide range of corporate and medium to large family businesses as well as high net worth taxpayers. Peter has had a significant involvement with trust structures throughout his career and is the author on topical tax issues in CCH Tax Week and Taxation in Australia. Peter has a Master's degree in Taxation Law and is a member of The Tax Institute's State Council.
- Current at
19 June 2012