Published on 07 Jun 06
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this presentation include:
- tax audit techniques in the 21st Century
- do shortened amendment periods really help?
- is general anti-avoidance more limited?
- will fraud or evasion be more popular?
- is it now safer to ask for a ruling?
- is the penalty regime really more benign?
Ken is a Tax and Commercial Law Director of Schurgott & Co Lawyers and Special Counsel with Brown Wright Stein Lawyers, Sydney. He has extensive experience in all aspects of tax (including state taxes and litigation), as well as business structuring, business sales and acquisitions, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken has been, until recently, a member of the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation and heavily engaged in ongoing consultation in relation to the reform of the taxation of trusts and trust issues generally.
- Current at
22 May 2017