Published on 26 Aug 11
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- GST commenced 1 July 2000
- UCA regime commenced 1 July 2001
- treatment of farm-outs under these regimes uncertain since
- MT 2011/D1 - Issued 27 July 2011 - Applies to immediatefarm-outs
- MT 2011//D2 - Issued 24 August 2011 - Applies to deferred farm-outs
- helpful but some questions unanswered
- Implications for PRRT?
- potential issues re interaction between MRRT and stamp duty.
Nick is a Director in the Perth office of Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills. Nick provides clients with advice in relation to a broad range of tax issues including advice on capital management strategies. He sits on the Energy & Resources Working Group with the ATO and on the State Council for The Tax Institute.
- Current at
23 August 2016