Published on 17 Oct 12
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Today’s increasingly competitive marketplace demands a globally competitive and mobile workforce. Employers and employees today are faced with a range of taxation issues relating to assignees who enter Australia from overseas (“inbound assignees”) and assignees who depart Australia to work overseas (“outbound assignees”). In the current climate, understanding the taxation implications of a mobile workforce is crucial to the success of a global mobility program.
This presentation covers:
- tax residency and the temporary resident rules
- impact of the application of double tax agreements
- proposed LAFHA changes
- removal of foreign income exemption
- sourcing of bonuses and employee share scheme reporting
- employer tax obligations for inbound and outbound assignees.
Noeleen is a Tax Manager at KPMG. Noeleen is renowned for her vast experience in the tax industry.
Current at 25 February 2009 Current at 07 May 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Noeleen ROBERTSON.