Published on 14 Nov 06
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation brings you real examples, exploring the main Australian tax issues faced by expat employees, the common pitfalls and suggested solutions that will add value for your clients. Topics include:
- residency, including the implications of short-term and long-term assignments
- living away from home allowance exemptions, FBT and salary packaging issues
- the new tax concessions for temporary residents, including CGT exemptions
- issues associated with Medicare and social security benefits
- superannuation, including issues associated with existing foreign pension plans.
Peter Bembrick CTA
Peter Bembrick is a highly respected authority on taxation matters with 20 years experience. Peter joined HLB Mann Judd in 1990 and became a tax partner in 2004. Peter is particularly well regarded for his broad understanding of domestic and international tax issues. He has served on advisory committees for professional bodies, and presents regularly on tax issues. Current at 01 August 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Peter BEMBRICK.
Further details about this event: