Published on 18 Jul 03
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following issues:
- transferring losses into consolidated groups
- curiosities in value and loss donation
- capital injection and non-arms length rule
- applicability of SBT to a consolidated group
- transfer of a current year loss in a non-membership period to head company
- operation of 701-30(3A) re: ownership changes at the joining time
- establishing the available fraction
- modified rules for MEC groups
- transition rules - COT losses.
Richard Buchanan FTI-Life
Richard is a Corporate Tax Partner with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu. He specialises in advising major corporates on the tax implications of major transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, divestments, restructures and IPOs. Richard also has experience in advising corporates on implementing both A-IFRS and tax consolidation. Richard is a member of the NTLG IFRS subcommittee and the ICAA IFRS subcommittee and has been heavily involved in the consultation with respect to the development of the share capital tainting provisions. Current at 11 September 2006
The Tax Institute is a Recognised Tax Agent Association (RTAA) under the Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009.
All materials provided on this site are protected by copyright and are owned by or licensed to TTI.
Except as expressly permitted by TTI or the copyright owner, any person or company who uses this site must not use, reproduce, redistribute, retransmit, publish or otherwise transfer, or commercially exploit, the materials or any information, software or other content, in whole or in part, which is available through this site.