Published on 04 Oct 11
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- overview of tax appeal process under Part IVC of TAA 1953
- notice of objection
- taxpayer's appeal statements/Commissioner's statement of facts issues and contentions
- court appeals:
- notice of appeal from AAT to Federal Court or
- notice of appeal from Federal Court (first instance) to Full Court of Federal Court
- applications for special leave to appeal to the High Court
- legal professional privilege in giving tax advice and responding to requests for information from the Commissioner.
Joseph is a tax and commercial senior solicitor with McDonald Pynt Lawyers. He has acted for a wide variety of clients ranging from listed companies and high net worth individuals through to smaller enterprises.
He has published tax law articles in the Law Institute of Victoria Journal and in CCH Tax Week. Joseph is a
member of the Taxation Institute of Australia WA Education Committee.
- Current at
24 March 2017