Published on 19 Nov 04
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following issues:
- structuring of the business succession plan
- funding the exit, including Division 7A issues and traps
- structuring for non-family buyouts
- superannuation funding and use of insurance
- CGT implications - ATO statement of principles
- wills and the business succession strategy
- maximising benefits of CGT small business concessions
- indirect taxes - GST and stamp duty.
The author gave a previous version of this presentation at the 3rd Annual Estate & Business Succession Planning Intensive held in Sydney on 22 October 2003. That presentation was also presented by Craig Holland at the Business and Estate Planning seminar held in Melbourne on 28 October 2003.
Ian is a Tax Director with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ltd and has over 20 years experience as a taxation specialist advising a diverse range of clients on Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax, Business Mergers & Acquisitions and Estate Planning and Business Succession Planning.
Current at 20 October 2004
- Current at
19 November 2004