Published on 15 Feb 06
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers the following topics:
- compounding accruals - potential impacts of this fundamental default rule
- realisation - what will still be on a cash/realisation basis?
- fair value - who will elect and to what extent?
- retranslation - the rules / interaction with the Forex Rules
- hedging - the perceived benefits of electing into hedging.
This was also presented at the 'Taxation of Financial Arrangements' seminars held in Melbourne on 9 March 2006 and Sydney on 22 March 2006.
Neil Ward FTIA leads the Deloitte Australian Financial Services Tax Group. He has more than 30 years
experience in advising in tax. Prior to joining Deloitte in March 2000, Neil spent 12 years with the ANZ
Banking Group in Australia and the United Kingdom. Neil is recognised as one of the leading tax advisers
on financial arrangements, foreign exchange, thin capitalisation, capital management, withholding tax and
Current at 11 March 2009 Current at 06 April 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Neil WARD.