Published on 25 Jul 13
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Harry Lakis will outline the courts’ analysis of aggregation by reference to the key cases, with Jim Richards providing an administrator’s perspective. These presentations provide a comparison of the aggregation provisions and the Revenue Offices’ approaches, including:
- how the “transfer model” jurisdictions differ from the others
- factors required to be considered
- when evaluating the factors, whose perspective is most relevant?
- the availability of discretions
- direction in which case law is moving
- the approach taken when evaluating the aggregation of interests that may comprise a “significant interest” in the landholder/land rich context.
Current at 15 February 2012
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Harry LAKIS.