Published on 06 Aug 12
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers recent Government announcements affecting the Superannuation industry. The sum of all these changes means that advisers are faced with a changing landscape entailing both compliance obligations as well as planning obligations. Specific topics covered include:
- TR 2011/D3
- New Super Guarantee Rates
- Higher concessional contributions cap for over 50s deferred to 1 July 2014
- Dealing with Excess Contributions Tax
- FOFA - The Accountants' exemption
- Superannuation contributions tax to double to 30% for incomes above $300,000
- Update to PSLA 2009/1 In-house Assets
- Collectables and Personal Use assets
- New SMSF member verification system
- Off-market transfers between SMSFs and related parties
- Net Market Valuation for annual reporting purposes
- Dealing with insurance in SMSFs.
Tim is an SMSF education consultant with over 20 years' experience providing compliance and administrative support to
SMSF professionals. Tim is one of Australia's leading SMSF presenters delivering structured and tailored SMSF courses to Advisers, Accountants and SMSF support staff.
Current at 05 April 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Tim Miller.
Further details about this event: