Published on 17 Apr 03
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following key points:
- why the Going Concern concession exists
- consequences if practitioner or client makes a mistake
- the Going Concern exemption and the differences between GSTR 2001/5 and GSTR 2002/5
- what constitutes an enterprise and how the exemption impacts on enterprises conducted by partnerships, trusts and companies
- the ATO's concessions with regard to premises, statutory licences and permits
- when mortgagees can make use of the exemption
- when are the risks associated with using the concession worth taking and what alternative strategies exist.
Keith, a Principal of Ambry Legal, specialises in tax advice principally in GST and Consolidation. He has presented a number of seminars for the Tax Institute on GST and written several GST articles for Taxation in Australia.
Current at May 2008 Current at 07 May 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Keith HARVEY.