Published on 10 Sep 03
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following issues:
- do I get an uplift in asset values?
- a preliminary look at exit rules - is there an uplift benefit on exit of subsidiary?
- accounting implications of not entering
- what happens if I don't consolidate?
-- value shifting between entities
-- loss of rollover relief for asset transfers between companies
-- losses unable to be transferred between companies
-- loss of dividend rebate
- effects of delaying the decision to consolidate
- simplified imputation - treatment of company losses.
VAN DER LINDEN
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Sean VAN DER LINDEN.
Sam is an Executive Director with Ernst & Young with a focus on tax issues for corporate
enterprises. Sam's areas of practice include tax accounting, tax structuring and general advisory services. Sam has seen the evolution of the Tax Consolidation regime and has been a speaker on the topic on numerous occasions. He has assisted clients to implement the Tax Consolidation regime and is now managing clients through the regime on an ongoing basis. Sam is a member of the SA Technical Committee.
Current at 12 March 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Sam HOWARD.
Further details about this event: