Published on 22 Oct 03
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics briefly covered in this powerpoint presentation include:
- Drafting a tax effective Will
- Identification of assets, liabilities and beneficiaries
- Enduring powers of attorney, guardship and advance medical
- Applying for probate
- When and how to use testamentary trusts effectively
- Executor's duties and liabilities
- Procedure for administration of estates
- Date of death tax return for the deceased and tax returns for the estate; implications for executor and beneficiaries
Richard has been in practice as a solicitor in NSW since 1973, and is a partner in the firm of Teece Hodgson & Ward, Sydney. His work is mainly litigation, predominantly contested Probate, Family Provision cases and other Equity work, including shareholder and partnership issues.
Richard has presented on areas such as Wills and estates law, powers of attorney, guardianship and advanced care directives from 1985 onwards.
He also does financial management and guardianship work, including in the Guardianship Tribunal of NSW. Complex estate planning advice is a substantial part of his pratice, and he also acts as an expert witness.
- Current at
12 January 2017