Published on 03 Jun 04
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- background and policy
- the general principles to qualify for the concession
- active business assets - what is excluded?
- valuation methods - market value vs book value - which should you choose?
- impact of accounting
- practical issues relating to active business asset percentage
- multi tier corporate structures
- consolidated foreign accounts
- what this means for business.
Cameron Rider is a Special Counsel at Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills practising in corporate and international tax. He was a professor, and still teaches, at the Law School at the University of Melbourne.
- Current at
14 December 2017