Published on 18 Mar 14
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- new interim assessment and valuation rules
- the new interim assessment regime
- what is an interim assessment?
- in what circumstances might an interim assessment be issued?
- will there be prior notice of an interim assessment?
- what can you do if you are unhappy with an interim assessment?
- the new valuation regime
- when is the Commissioner likely to require a written valuation from the taxpayer?
- the new penalty and cost recovery provisions.
Graeme Cotterill FTIA is a Tax Partner of the Perth office of Mallesons Stephen Jaques, where he has specialised in tax law and state taxes in particular for over 20 years. Graeme is a former Chairman of the WA Division of the Taxation Institute and a previous member of State and National Technical committees.
He has presented numerous papers on State tax issues for the Taxation Institute and other organisations. Graeme was part of a specialist committee that provided consultative feedback to WA State Revenue on the drafting of the WA Duties Act.
Current at 11 July 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Graeme COTTERILL.
Further details about this event: