Published on 29 Oct 04
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following topics:
- CFC provisions
- the new regime for BELC and consideration of specific listed income in US, UK, Germany, NZ
- taxation of dividend income / deemed dividends
- tainted services and regional service companies
- holding company structures
- foreign branch income issues
- issues arising from consolidations
- the new CGT concession
- future potential changes to international tax regime.
Jason is the Partner in Charge of Asia Markets at KPMG in Australia which focuses on Asia-Australian inbound and outbound transactions across all practices in KPMG. He has significant experience in advising Australian companies entering the China market in various different sectors and the establishment of joint ventures in China. Jason is the Lead Partner on a variety of Australia-China projects; coordinating advice, with partners from KPMG, in taxation, transaction support, due diligence, accounting, strategic and commercial intelligence. Jason speaks regularly at China forums and has often been quoted in the press on China matters. He is a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria and a member of the Australian government’s Reform of International Tax Arrangement consultative committee and Tax Treaties Advisory Panel. Jason also consults to the Chinese government on international tax matters.
- Current at
07 May 2014