Published on 03 Mar 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers:
- outward bound investment into listed countries and the CFC rules - focusing on UK, US, NZ
- foreign subsidiary vs foreign branch structures under NITA
- special rules for banks, life companies and other Australian financial institutions
- what is yet to come? Foreign income accounts, new listed countries and other measures
- central management and control ruling and the financial services industry.
Jason Chang CTA
Jason is the Partner in Charge of Asia Markets at KPMG in Australia which focuses on Asia-Australian inbound and outbound transactions across all practices in KPMG. He has significant experience in advising Australian companies entering the China market in various different sectors and the establishment of joint ventures in China. Jason is the Lead Partner on a variety of Australia-China projects; coordinating advice, with partners from KPMG, in taxation, transaction support, due diligence, accounting, strategic and commercial intelligence. Jason speaks regularly at China forums and has often been quoted in the press on China matters. He is a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria and a member of the Australian government’s Reform of International Tax Arrangement consultative committee and Tax Treaties Advisory Panel. Jason also consults to the Chinese government on international tax matters. Current at 23 July 2007
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Jason CHANG.
Further details about this event: