Published on 22 Mar 04
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following topics:
- the range of trust transactions caught (payments, loans and debt forgiveness)
- unpaid present entitlements
- unrealised gains - distributions and payments
- other Division 7A provisions amended
- excluded transactions
- operative dates for the legislation.
In a previous life, Terry worked for the Australian Taxation Office, in the income tax audit area. When he left the ATO in 1994 Terry became a tax manager with KPMG Peat Marwick where he developed as a specialist in tax matters relating to business enterprises. His knowledge and experience spans a broad range of tax and structuring issues relating to business enterprises, including capital gains tax, Division 7A (shareholder loans and payments), Superannuation and GST. Terry left KPMG in December 2006 to set up the chartered accounting firm Lewis Richmond, which merged with William Buck in November 2012. He is now a Director with William Buck in the Business Advisory area.
- Current at
10 September 2014