Published on 30 Nov 04
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following topics:
- why are they so popular?
- the type of trust that should be a partner: unit trust, discretionary trust and hybrids
- small business CGT ups and downs
- family trust and interposed entity election issues
- choosing a single trustee for both partners
- what are some of the features the trust deeds should have?
- GST issues.
Noel is the Tax Technical Director for Dominion Private Clients. Noel commenced in the
legal profession as an articled clerk at Phillips Fox Solicitors and worked there until 1992
as a litigator in their insurance litigation division. For the last 14 years since leaving
Phillips Fox he has worked at Pitcher Partners, William Buck, MGI Meyrick Webster and
his current employer in varying tax technical roles. Areas of expertise include corporate
and international taxation, taxation of large private enterprises, high wealth individuals
and defending tax audits.
- Current at
26 March 2017