Published on 13 Jun 07
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this presentation include:
- why are thin capitalisation rules necessary?
- reasons for renewed ATO focus on thin capitalisation
- to whom do the Australian thin capitalisation rules apply
- a recap of the key features of the rules
- different measurement techniques
- interaction with the debt/equity rules
- interaction with Part IVA
- fixing thin capitalisation breaches - some tips and traps
- completing a thin capitalisation schedule in practice
- practical case studies.
Anthony Klein FTIA is a Tax Partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers,
based in Melbourne, and has been a member of the PwC International
Tax and Transaction Services group for more than 14 years. He
specialises in providing international tax, structuring and mergers
and acquisitions tax services to a wide range of clients.
Current at 9 October 2008 Current at 03 November 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Anthony KLEIN.
Current at 22 November 2012
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by James STRONG.