Published on 29 Oct 09
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- an overview of the accruals method
- definition of a gain or loss under the accruals method
- outline the meaning of the term ‘sufficiently certain'
- outline how to perform an accruals calculation
- highlight when the effective interest method might apply
- outline running balances, reassessment and re-estimation
- briefly outline the realisation method
- identify various issues with the accruals method.
Julian Cheng ATI
Julian Cheng, ATI, is a Partner at Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu with over 16 years' experience in advising corporate groups, and small to medium enterprises, in various industries on a range of tax issues including consolidations and TOFA. Julian provides technical support, training and tax updates to Deloitte nationally. Julian also consults with the ATO and Treasury on major taxation reforms and is a member of the ATO's NTLG Losses and CGT subcommittee. Current at 16 May 2013
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Julian CHENG.
Further details about this event: