Published on 29 Oct 09
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- an overview of the accruals method
- definition of a gain or loss under the accruals method
- outline the meaning of the term ‘sufficiently certain'
- outline how to perform an accruals calculation
- highlight when the effective interest method might apply
- outline running balances, reassessment and re-estimation
- briefly outline the realisation method
- identify various issues with the accruals method.
Julian Cheng ATI
Julian is a Partner in Deloitte’s M&A tax practice. He has over 19 years of experience, including two years as a client service executive on Deloitte’s international tax desk in New York, advising multinationals and investment funds on Australian and international tax issues with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, divestments, financing and corporate reorganisations. Current at 01 February 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Julian CHENG.
Further details about this event: