Published on 29 Oct 09
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- an overview of the accruals method
- definition of a gain or loss under the accruals method
- outline the meaning of the term ‘sufficiently certain'
- outline how to perform an accruals calculation
- highlight when the effective interest method might apply
- outline running balances, reassessment and re-estimation
- briefly outline the realisation method
- identify various issues with the accruals method.
Julian Cheng, ATI, is a partner in Pitcher
Partner’s tax practice. He has over 20
years experience advising multinationals
and investment funds on Australian and
international tax issues with a focus on
mergers and acquisitions, divestments,
financing and corporate reorganisations.
- Current at
27 August 2018