Published on 28 May 08
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
For the first time, Australia proposes to introduce a comprehensive tax hedging regime for taxpayers. This presentation examines the effect of the new provisions in detail, the pros and cons of making a tax hedging election and current issues that arise with the new tax hedging rules. Topics covered include:
- tax hedging - how to get it
- effect of making a tax hedging election
- should you make a tax hedging election?
- tax documentation requirements
- hedging in practice - common examples and implementation issues.