Published on 31 Oct 07
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- how to structure a property acquisition from a duty perspective
- nominating new purchasers under contracts of sale where property is the subject of land development - when double duty is payable and when it isn't
- an overview of the land tax main residence exemptions as they relate to property development activities
- avoiding disputes re tax obligations as between vendors and purchasers, including the use of tax indemnities
- an overview of other Victorian duty and land tax issues, including land-rich issues and land taxes on properties held in trust
- discussion of key stamp duty issues being reviewed by the SRO in the property industry and the practices adopted by the SRO.
Tim Grace is a barrister, practising in revenue law, including stamp duty and GST.
Much of Tim’s practice is property-based and he provides advice on many property transactions. His practice extends to advising on stamp duty audits and disputes. Tim signed the Bar roll in 2004. Prior to that he was a partner with PricewaterhouseCoopers, specialising in stamp duty. Tim has written many technical papers and has delivered a number of presentations on stamp duty, and other revenue law topics.
Current at 20 August 2007 Current at 29 August 2007
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Tim GRACE.
Further details about this event: