Published on 31 Oct 07
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- how to structure a property acquisition from a duty perspective
- nominating new purchasers under contracts of sale where property is the subject of land development - when double duty is payable and when it isn't
- an overview of the land tax main residence exemptions as they relate to property development activities
- avoiding disputes re tax obligations as between vendors and purchasers, including the use of tax indemnities
- an overview of other Victorian duty and land tax issues, including land-rich issues and land taxes on properties held in trust
- discussion of key stamp duty issues being reviewed by the SRO in the property industry and the practices adopted by the SRO.
Tim is a member of the Victorian Bar, practising in revenue law and specialising in property taxes. Tim has an active advice and objection and appeal practice, and has appeared in a
number of state tax cases at VCAT, in the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal.
- Current at
26 May 2011