Published on 29 Oct 09
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the exposure draft legislation including:
- removal of the exception and the exposure draft provisions (including whether there is any impact on trust splitting)
- highlighting the key requirements of the new rollover
- outlining the differences between new and old law
- considering any relevant stamp duty implications
- considering the implications where a taxpayer "self-assessed" in relation to a trust restructure before the exposure draft legislation was released.