Published on 29 Oct 09
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- background and implications of PSLA 2009/7 and PSLA 2005/1 (GA) for discretionary trusts
- practical approaches to dealing with discrepancies between trust income and tax net income under PSLA 2009/7
- is streaming still possible?
- when are amended assessments required?
- unpaid present entitlements - can they ever be treated as loans?
Peter is a Partner at Cowell Clarke and heads up the firm's Tax & Revenue Group. He provides specialist tax advice to public accountants and a wide range of corporate and medium to large family businesses as well as high net worth taxpayers. Peter has had a significant involvement with trust structures throughout his career and is the author on topical tax issues in CCH Tax Week and Taxation in Australia. Peter has a Master's degree in Taxation Law and is a member of The Tax Institute's State Council.
- Current at
19 June 2012