Published on 17 Oct 13
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
It’s high noon for the Commissioner of Taxation and the Taxpayer on trust distribution issues. Trust distribution minutes are now subject to far greater scrutiny than at any time in the past. It is essential to achieving tax effective outcomes that resolutions are carefully prepa red - based on a thorough assessment of the trust income, the provisions of the trust deed and a correct application of trust and tax law to the facts.How did your practice fare on these issues in 2013 and how should you forward plan for 2014?
This presentation allows you to make an assessment by providing a series of typical - but less than straightforward - case studies on a range of year-end scenarios. Materials provided will include sample trust deeds, pre 30 June scenarios and examples of ‘good, bad and ugly’ trust distribution minutes.
Specific topics covered include:
- what am I looking for in the trust deed?
- effectively distributing to entities within a family group
- tricky issues concerning streaming capital gains and franked dividends
- ‘balance income’ resolutions – the Commissioner’s shifting views
- getting the timing issue right.
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Peter SLEGERS.
Further details about this event: