Published on 30 Mar 07
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- the trust relationship
- the differences between trusts and other entities/relationships
- types of trusts
- creating and ending express trusts
- advantages of using trusts for business and investment purposes
- some pitfalls when using trusts for business and investment purposes
- what is income? What is capital?
Chris Davis, CTA, a Principal of McInnes Wilson Lawyers' Revenue, Structuring and Succession Group, has been involved in advising clients on Div 7A and associated matters in a variety of contexts, with a particular focus on the SME market. This has included advisory work, assisting tax agents on pre-audit investigations and preparing and lodging objections against Div 7A reassessments.
- Current at
24 November 2014