Published on 16 May 13
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The presentation considers:
- where the rewrite project is up to and its likely outcome
- what the proposals mean for 2013 trust and beneficiary assessments?
- what the proposals mean for the 2014 income year?
- is CGT and franking credit streaming unaffected?
- where does TR 2012/D1 fit?
- is there a requirement to amend trust deeds (again)?
Ken is a Tax and Commercial Law Director of Schurgott & Co Lawyers and Special Counsel with Brown Wright Stein Lawyers, Sydney. He has extensive experience in all aspects of tax (including state taxes and litigation), as well as business structuring, business sales and acquisitions, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken has been, until recently, a member of the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation and heavily engaged in ongoing consultation in relation to the reform of the taxation of trusts and trust issues generally.
- Current at
22 May 2017