Published on 16 May 13
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The presentation considers:
- where the rewrite project is up to and its likely outcome
- what the proposals mean for 2013 trust and beneficiary assessments?
- what the proposals mean for the 2014 income year?
- is CGT and franking credit streaming unaffected?
- where does TR 2012/D1 fit?
- is there a requirement to amend trust deeds (again)?
Ken is a tax and commercial law partner in the Sydney office of SBN Lawyers. He has extensive experience in all aspects of tax (including State taxes) as well as business structuring, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken is a National Councillor of the Tax Institute and a member of the NSW Divisional Council and Education Committee. He is also a member of the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation and has recently been involved as a member of the Working Group on Managed Investment Trusts.
Current at 13 January 2009 Current at 25 March 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Ken SCHURGOTT.