Published on 28 Oct 05
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers how to pass on the value in a family trust to the next generation:
- Do the beneficiaries fit the plan?
- Resettlement problems
- Powers of the Appointor
- Family trusts and the will
- Cloning and splitting trusts
- Extending the life of a trust
- Family trust elections - are these really an issue?
- Testamentary and child maintenance trusts.
Ken is a Tax and Commercial Law Director of Schurgott & Co Lawyers and Special Counsel with Brown Wright Stein Lawyers, Sydney. He has extensive experience in all aspects of tax (including state taxes and litigation), as well as business structuring, business sales and acquisitions, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken has been, until recently, a member of the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation and heavily engaged in ongoing consultation in relation to the reform of the taxation of trusts and trust issues generally.
- Current at
30 August 2017