Published on 23 May 08
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation includes detailed case studies covering:
- beneficiaries: Traps in identifying beneficiaries and exclusion clauses
- streaming, expense allocations and loss recoupment: The impact of the Federal Court's decision in Cajkusic
- reimbursement agreements: Identifying the risks outlined in recent case law
- family trust elections: Managing elections in light of recent amendments and considering the operation of the loss injection rules
- cloning trusts: How to ensure the new trust really is a clone
- gearing in trusts: Consideration of different structures and deductibility of interest
- small business CGT concessions: Implications of the amended provisions for trusts.
Meagan O'Connor ATI
Meagan is a Principal of Sladen Legal and practises in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, business and commercial advice, business and investment structuring, trusts and succession planning. Meagan has a significant depth of understanding and experience on all legal matters relating to business transactions, commercial contracts and structuring. Meagan is one of the contributing authors of The Tax Institute's Trust Structures Guide and has written articles for The Tax Institute's journal Taxation in Australia.
Current at 15 September 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Meagan O'CONNOR.
Daniel Smedley CTA
Daniel is a Principal of Sladen Legal. He is a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist in Tax Law and holds a Master of Taxation. Daniel is the principal author of Trusts Structures Guide published by The Tax Institute and a regular presenter at industry conferences and workshops. Daniel primarily advises businesses and high net worth individuals in relation to business and investment structuring, trusts, succession planning and taxation law. Current at 04 March 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Daniel SMEDLEY.
Ronald Jorgensen CTA
Ron Jorgensen, CTA, is a Partner at Rigby Cooke Lawyers. Ron principally consults on Commonwealth and state tax laws, tax dispute resolution and compliance enforcements, and specialises in trusts and trust disputes, succession and asset protection, business and investment structuring and tax-sensitive commercial and property transactions. Ron is an Accredited Specialist in Tax Law, a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and a respected technical writer and presenter. Ron is a fierce advocate for taxpayers. Current at 04 August 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Ron JORGENSEN.
Further details about this event: