Published on 09 Oct 14
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- objects of the promoter penalty provisions
- reminder: the promoter penalties provisions
- summary of scheme in Ludekens
- FCT v Ludekens  FCAFC 100 s 290-50(2)
- FCT v Barossa Vines  FCA 20 Fixing of penalties (1).
Sam Ure has established a reputation as one of the leading junior counsel practising in tax at the Melbourne bar. He advises and appears in all revenue matters, including State tax and superannuation matters. Sam also practises in commercial disputes, administrative law and regulatory proceedings, including civil penalty proceedings. He acts for tax advisers in professional liability and registration and disciplinary matters.
- Current at
15 September 2016