Published on 06 Nov 04
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation focusses on the non-civil which can flow from getting the management of tax risk wrong, including:
- structure of the relevant provisions of the Criminal Code Act 1995
- results of recent prosecutions - has the law changed?
- is the actual tax position relevant to or needed in a prosecution?
- the impact of a Round Robin
- ATO Prosecution Policy
- does it matter if I am an employee rather than a principal?
- unresolved issues
- what other risks lurk?
David Williams, CTA (Life) is a Strategic Adviser in relation to taxation matters operating principally in Sydney. He has been involved in taxation, death duty and estate planning matters for over 45 years, the last 15 as a sole practitioner and prior to that as a partner at an international law firm. He drafted his first will in 1968 and his most recent last week with quite a few in between. During that time he has written and presented extensively on a wide range of subject matter. David was the President of The Tax Institute in 2010.
- Current at
19 September 2018