Published on 19 May 11
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- flip it around a bit and start with the ATO compliance program
- revisit the key concepts:
- consideration of enterprise (ABN & GST)
- lead into revenue v capital discussion
- ATO and case law perspective
- looking at what this means in practice
- review "hot" issues, cases and ATO focus points
- overview what is happening with larger enterprises.
Scott is a Partner at Pitcher Partners Sydney where he focuses on taxation, business, structuring and succession issues for a wide range of clients including high net worth and large private SME’s. He is closely engaged in the property industry across income tax, GST and state taxes and actively involved number of technical forums including the Property Council, Retirement Living Council and CAANZ taxation working groups. Scott does not shy away from complex issues or disputes and has a reputation for achieving commercial outcomes. He is active in The Tax Institute as former New South Wales State Chair, remaining active in State Council and the Professional Development committees. He has presented a number of papers for The Tax Institute and other bodies and is always willing to have a robust discussion.
- Current at
18 July 2019