Published on 16 May 13
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- review of the relevant statutory provisions
- what to do when a client receives an ECT assessment
- examining the Commissioner’s approach
- examining the approach of the AAT
- case study on preparing an application to the Commissioner.
Matthew is an Associate in the Tax Disputes and Litigation team at Argyle Lawyers (to be renamed Rockwell Olivier in March 2013), and has extensive experience in managing complex ATO audits, disputes and litigation for high net worth wealth individuals, SMEs and Project Wickenby taxpayers. Matthew combines a detailed understanding of the tax laws with a strategic approach developed from his experience in dealing with ATO officers. Matthew has run a number of successful excess contributions tax cases, including several cases where the ATO had previously refused to disregard or reallocate the excess contributions.
- Current at
05 May 2017