Published on 28 Oct 14
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- the need - statistics
- structural and planning matters
- impact of family dynamics
- the need for (and role of) the advisor team
- developing a family succession plan
- structuring the family succession plan
- intra-family agreements and family constitutions
- transition planning
- case study.
Peter is a Consultant at McCullough Robertson, having been a partner with the firm from July 1986 to December 2011. His practice focuses on tax and commercial law with an emphasis on estate planning, taxation, tax planning, business structuring, business succession and family business intergenerational transfer. He is also the Founder of Transition Planning Australia, which helps business owners, professionals and others to create a framework for the transition from business or full-time work to the next phase of their lives. TPA's belief is that everyone is entitled to a meaningful life after full-time work. Peter has degrees in Commerce and Law (with Honours) from the University of Queensland.
- Current at
30 August 2017