Published on 04 Apr 12
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- ATO’s compliance program and tax reviews/audits
- risk management - before an audit happens
- do’s and don’ts before the call and after
- what to expect - typical lifecycle of a review/audit
- best way to make a voluntary disclosure
- what has worked well in ATO reviews and audits?
- should the advisor be present at ATO interactions?
- what if don’t agree with the outcome of the audit?
- how far you should take a matter of dispute?
- how to deal with penalty negotiations?