Published on 12 Feb 14
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- why would you want to wind up a trust?
- winding up trusts is different from winding up companies
- there are consequences when a trust vests
- how do you go about winding up a trust?
- trustee responsibilities on vesting
- practical order of events if a trust vests
- income tax
- CGT consequences
- discretionary trusts.
David is a Director at Nexia Perth with over 20 years of experience in taxation and business advisory. David leads Nexia Perth’s Tax Consulting Division; a small group of specialist advisers dedicated solely to business and corporate tax advice. Particular areas of specialty include business re-structures, property transactions, CGT, Division 7A and business sales. A significant part of David’s business is providing specialist tax advice to other accounting firms on behalf of their clients under the Nexia Tax Alliance. David’s approach is to deliver solutions-based outcomes that assist clients in making important decisions concerning their businesses. He also regularly delivers specialist tax training to member firms of the Nexia Tax Alliance.
- Current at
01 January 2014