Published on 12 Feb 14
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- why would you want to wind up a trust?
- winding up trusts is different from winding up companies
- there are consequences when a trust vests
- how do you go about winding up a trust?
- trustee responsibilities on vesting
- practical order of events if a trust vests
- income tax
- CGT consequences
- discretionary trusts.
David Montani CTA
David is a Director at Nexia Perth with over 20 years of experience in taxation and business advisory. David leads Nexia Perth’s Tax Consulting Division; a small group of specialist advisers dedicated solely to business and corporate tax advice. Particular areas of specialty include business re-structures, property transactions, CGT, Division 7A and business sales. A significant part of David’s business is providing specialist tax advice to other accounting firms on behalf of their clients under the Nexia Tax Alliance. David’s approach is to deliver solutions-based outcomes that assist clients in making important decisions concerning their businesses. He also regularly delivers specialist tax training to member firms of the Nexia Tax Alliance. Current at 01 January 2014
Further details about this event: