Published on 01 Feb 10
by THE TAX INSTITUTE
Generally, the Taxation Institute supports the intent of the proposed amendments and recognises the need to address integrity issues. However, the Taxation Institute has some real concerns regarding:
- Multiple taxation of benefits not actually provided;
- Uncertainty caused by excessive reliance on the formation of opinions by the Commissioner of Taxation (Commissioner);
- The commencement and application of the proposed legislation;
- Fairness and equity concerns arising from the different taxation valuation methodologies applied to shareholders compared to employees; and
- Potential denial of entitlement to the Small Business and General Business Tax Break.
TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA.