Published on 01 Jun 13
by THE TAX INSTITUTE
This issue of Taxwise covers:
- the end of the financial year is coming!
- small business tax concessions and scrip for scrip roll-over strengthened
- company loss carry-back
- rules against tax avoidance
- capital allowances – Other machinery and equipment repair and maintenance assets
- do you do research and development?
- tax transparency and large and multinational businesses
- getting ready for changes to super
- self-managed super funds
- refunding excess GST exposure draft released
- tax invoices and adjustment notes
- failed payments and GST consequences
- reasonable amounts of food and drink expenses for living-away-from-home allowances
- PAYG – Various issues
- are you a director of a company?
- other useful ATO links.
The Tax Institute is Australia's leading professional association and educator in tax, with offices in most major cities. Focusing solely on tax, the Institute provides the best resources, education and networks. Our mission is to equip tax professionals with everything they need to demonstrate the highest level of expertise and increase the advancement of public knowledge and understanding.
We are also committed to propelling members into the future and onto the global stage with the introduction of the Chartered Tax Adviser designation.
- Current at
29 March 2014