Published on 01 Sep 13
by THE TAX INSTITUTE
This issue of Taxwise covers:
- election 2013
- ATO compliance focus
- information for businesses and contractors in the building and construction industry
- combatting “dividend washing”
- annual pay as you go (PAYG) instalments
- tax avoidance schemes – warning to Investors from ATO
- employee share scheme rules under review
- capping of education expense deductions for employees
- applying small business CGT concessions – Avoid common errors
- income of a trust estate
- income tax rulings and determinations
- refunding excess GST
- proposal to abolish FBT statutory formula for cars
- international tax – Risks to the sustainability of Australia’s corporate tax base
- superannuation - Various
THE TAX INSTITUTE
The Tax Institute is Australia's leading professional association and educator in tax, with offices in most major cities. Focusing solely on tax, the Institute provides the best resources, education and networks. Our mission is to equip tax professionals with everything they need to demonstrate the highest level of expertise and increase the advancement of public knowledge and understanding.
We are also committed to propelling members into the future and onto the global stage with the introduction of the Chartered Tax Adviser designation.
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by THE TAX INSTITUTE.