Published on 01 Apr 13
by THE TAX INSTITUTE
This issue of Taxwise covers:
- change of Tax Commissioner
- 2013 Federal Election
- rules against Tax Avoidance
- in-house fringe benefits – FBT changes
- changes to the Australian Business Register
- Taxable Payments Reporting – Building and Construction Industry
- motor vehicle data matching program
- tax exemption for pension earnings
- tax refunds by EFT
- applying for a TFN at the post office
- self-managed super funds
- useful superannuation publication from the ATO
THE TAX INSTITUTE
The Tax Institute is Australia's leading professional association and educator in tax, with offices in most major cities. Focusing solely on tax, the Institute provides the best resources, education and networks. Our mission is to equip tax professionals with everything they need to demonstrate the highest level of expertise and increase the advancement of public knowledge and understanding.
We are also committed to propelling members into the future and onto the global stage with the introduction of the Chartered Tax Adviser designation.
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by THE TAX INSTITUTE.