Published on 18 Mar 15
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- cases and rulings from 2014
- Cmr of State Revenue v Lend Lease Development Pty Ltd & Ors  HCA 51
- Cmr of Taxation v Resource Capital Fund III LP  FCAFC 37
- Cmr of Taxation v MBI Properties Pty Ltd  HCA 49
- TR 2014/3: branch profits exemption in s 23AH and substantial equipment PEs.
Philip is a Barrister and member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants practising in State and Federal taxation, superannuation and commercial law. He is also a sessional member of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (although he still appears as a barrister in the tax list of that Tribunal). Philip advises and appears for taxpayers and revenue authorities in State and Federal courts and tribunals and has appeared on a number of occasions in the High Court. He has also been briefed by other government agencies including ASIC, the Official Trustee in Bankruptcy and the Victorian Government Solicitor's Office.
- Current at
01 September 2011