Published on 02 Mar 16
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- economy: tight cash flow/downward pressure on incomes
- taxpayer sentiment: clients want to minimise tax
- dichotomy 1: difficult trading conditions vs store of wealth in super
- dichotomy 2: personal tax rate 49% vs super tax rate 0-15%
- resultant fringe behaviour
- where are the goal posts?
- as advisers, what will we tolerate and what won’t we tolerate?
Matthew is a taxation and superannuation specialist. He works primarily with accountants, financial planners, business owners and high net wealth individuals on commercial transactions and taxation and superannuation matters.
- Current at
05 August 2019