Published on 02 Mar 16
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- overview of the paper and presentation
- the types of dispute that may arise between a trustee and their beneficiaries
- cases to be considered in detail:
- Benson v Doloraine Pty Ltd  TASSC 41
- Hancock v Rinehart  NSWSC 646
- Sinclair v Moss  VSC 130
- Fischer v Nemeske Pty Ltd  NSWCA 6.
Sam is a lawyer in private practice and a Director of Worrall Lawyers, Hobart. He is the co-author of Statutory Will Applications: A Practical Guide, and a contributing author to Halsbury’s Laws of Australia. In 2011, Sam presented the session ´The Practical Control and Taxation of Superannuation Death Benefits’ at the National Convention of The Tax Institute in Brisbane, and in 2016 presented ´Succession Planning to Avoid Disputes Between Trustees and Beneficiaries’ at the National Convention in Melbourne. Sam is the Tasmanian representative on the National Elder Law and Succession Committee of the Law Council of Australia and a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
- Current at
28 July 2016