Published on 13 Oct 16
by TASMANIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- overview of income tax treatment of new IP assets emerging from “innovation” activity
- treatment of website development costs (TR 2016/D1)
- treatment of receipts from computer software (TR 93/12, note also TR 2014/1 on contingent receipts)
- looking at Australia’s strategic focus, and what other legislative levers can be pulled?
- other countries’ innovation agendas
- other specific areas of need.
Magnus is a Partner in the PwC Sydney M&A Tax practice with over 15 years experience advising Australian clients investing offshore and foreign multinationals investing into Australia. In recent years, his main focus has been assisting clients in the technology and innovation sector, including in relation to the tax aspects of onshore and offshore expansion, M&A, capital raising and IPO transactions. Magnus has also been heavily involved in the policy design aspects of tax legislation affecting the technology sector and digital start-ups.
- Current at
28 July 2016