Published on 07 May 15
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- chart 1 - sources of growth in real national income per person
- chart 2 - component of S&P 500 market value, 1975?2015
- chart 3 - the number of people (aged 15 to 64) per person aged 65+ is decreasing
- chart 4 - bracket creep
- chart 5 - long?run modelling estimates of the marginal excess burden of some of Australia’s taxes
- chart 6 - major taxes as a share of total taxation, Australia compared to OECD average, 2012.
Roger is the Acting Deputy Secretary of the Revenue Group within Treasury, which provides advice to the Government on revenue and taxation policy matters. Rogers’s previous positions included the Division Head of the Tax White Paper Task Force, heading up the Treasury team who support the Tax White Paper process. Roger has also led the Treasury division responsible for revenue forecasting, costings, distributional analysis and modelling, being Chief Adviser (International) in Macroeconomic Group and Principal Adviser in Financial System Division, including heading up the Treasury team for the Cooper superannuation review. He has also led the Treasury’s retirement and personal income tax division and has had a senior executive secondment to the ATO.
- Current at
18 August 2016