Hot property - What should you know for 2016?
Published on 29 Oct 2015
| Took place at Town Hall, Melbourne, VIC
Low interest rates and strong local and foreign demand have created a hot property market. While other parts of the economy splutter, the pace of property developments continues unabated. Your clients might be looking to buy, sell, develop or change use in relation to property. Not surprisingly, the ATO has its eye firmly on the property industry. As tax advisors, this is a time to be vigilant.
Going into 2016, areas of interest for practitioners include:
- state of the current property market
- what’s new - who and what are the ATO targeting?
- tips, traps and strategies for income tax, CGT and GST
- an expanded High Court view of “consideration” for dutiable transactions
- foreign investors - beware!
- legal pitfalls - latest traps and emerging issues.
This event continued the highly popular annual Property Series where experienced lawyers, accountants and industry experts share their knowledge on what’s hot in the property market.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.