Structuring Professional Practices - ATO Guide and Other Recent Developments
Published on 03 Feb 2015
| Took place at National Australia Bank, Sydney , NSW
This topic considers how professional practices should be structured and is primarily aimed at accounting practices. Practitioners can now choose from an array of business structures. For practitioners already operating within an existing structure, the issue is how to move to another structure without incurring significant transaction costs. The ATO has always been interested in such structures and this session will also cover the recent Taxpayer Alert, TA 2013/3 : Purported alienation of income through discretionary trust partner.
This event covered the following:
- minimisation of income tax
- minimisation of tax on capital gains
- asset protection
- cost of establishing and maintaining the structure
- admission and exit of equity participants
- how control is exercised
- other practical considerations e.g. rules under which the practice will operate CPA or the ICAA.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.